Sunday, September 20, 2009

June/July Happenings

The girls for the second year in a row, took swimming lessons at the Kaneohe Yacht Club. Their instructor's name is "Mark the Shark", and they completely adore him. Although he is constantly making references to pop culture that go completely over our girls' heads, he is awesome.

As I sat there every day for 2 weeks, I was wondering if perhaps this was one of the most picturesque settings of swimming lessons in the world. Unfortunately, the pictures do it no justice.

Another fun event that happened early summer was a visit from Gabbi and Jacqui's favorite storyteller to Hawaii....Bobby Norfolk. He is just amazing. We discovered him last year when the girls and I studied W. Africa. He has a whole CD on the "Anansi Tales". He came to several of the libraries on the Hawaiian islands....we caught him twice.



Here is Bobby signing autographs.
We even brought 3 neighborhood kids to see him at the Kailua library because we thought they'd enjoy his performance.

We met a nice (cute) Italian guy at a mall who wanted to sell us a "Jose Eber" infra-red curling iron. Even though the girls were ecstatic over their curls, I could not justify spending almost $200 on a curling iron!!


The girls took a ballet class and an African dance/Jazz class through the Recreation Department this summer. Even though they weren't able to complete the progam because of our travels, they were able to put on a short show for us before we left. Their teacher Gabbi is fantastic!!






Gabbi and I got to celebrate her birthday early with trip to the "tea room" as Jacqui and I did the month before. We had a beautiful time sipping tea and eating scones!



1 comment:

Maureen Moslow-Benway said...

Hi Danielle & the rest of the Perry gang. Just a few quick comments:
--Awesome abs girl!
--We saw Bobby Norfolk last year at the National Storytelling Festival in Williamsburg and absolutely loved him as well. What a warm, talented, funny man!
--I agree, I think you guys win the award for the prettiest swimming lesson spot--ever.
--I love the girls' curls. I never heard of Jose Eber or an infared curling iron. Am I out of it, or what?
--I enjoyed seeing all your pictures on facebook and your blog. I find you all to be pretty inspiring, so keep posting! :-)
--And I can't wait to see you guys again...one of these days!