Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jacqui's Birthday Celebrations


I (Danielle) wanted to do something special with Jacqui for her birthday, so I decided to take her somewhere that for the past year, have been meaning to take each girl separately to. We went to a tea room in Kailua called "A Cup of Tea". It is something completely out of the ordinary for our family to partake in. We are usually not into doing "girly-girl" things, but had such a great time doing it. Jacqui was so very polite to the waitress, always using "please" and "thank-you". She also spoke in a very quiet voice the entire time we were there. I wonder why she doesn't use these skills at home????

There was a hat stand with lots of hats on it for us to adorn while we were having our afternoon tea and desserts.

Here is a picture of our scrumptious desserts, minus one that we had already started eating!!
Jacqui had "bubble gum" tea and I had a beautiful vanilla tea. They served us both a pot that would have taken each of us hours to drink. I think we did an O.K. job and even brought Bill and Gabbi leftovers home. I look forward to taking Gabbi there someday soon. And the girls already have it planned to take Nonni there when she comes for Christmas!!

Jacqui wearing her beautiful hat.

The waitress also gave Jacqui some tiaras to pick from to wear. She loved the tiaras so much, that after tea, she decided to spend her own money on purchasing one.

On Jacqui's birthday morning, we took her and her 3 buddies to the Honolulu Zoo. We had a really fun time. It's actually quite a cool zoo!



One of the two Indian elephants


Stella, Jacqui and Gabbi hanging out with the giraffes.


Jacqui wearing her new halter-top that I knitted for her (my second knitting project since we moved) near the Rainbow eucalyptus tree (my favorite tree here)

Gabbi taking a rest.

The girls had aerial fabrics class after the zoo and then we went for a hike at Manoa Falls.


On Monday, we had a little birthday party for J on the beach down the road from us. It was a beautiful afternoon, but too many portugues man-o-wars in the water to enjoy a dip.


Gabbi and Daddy fooling around
The Orangatan cake!!

Opening gifts and cards

Leslie, Gretchen and myself

Lynn and Oliver

"Happy Birthday to You"

And the evening ended with a fresh-squeezed lemonade stand and a sleepover!!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Looks like a really fun birthday! I wish we were there to help celebrate with you!

Nonni said...

Can't wait to try on all to beautiful Hats, and try all the different tea they have. I hope you saved me a piece of your? I really liked his eyes. See you soon baboons! Lovvvvvve Nonz