Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mamas' Hiking Day

Khris, Gretchen and Liza (from left), taking a rest.

Liza and Khris.

Yesterday, I (Danielle ) and 3 other friends(Gretchen, Khris and Liza) went for a great hike to Mt. Olomana (which we've done several times at this point with the kids). The top of Olomana is very narrow and exposed and every time I've been on the top, it has been with Gabbi and I've always felt very nervous (not knowing if the nervousness came from my own thing or being nervous about her up there). Well, as it turned out, it wasn't nearly as scary up there without worrying about Gabbi.
Me, almost at the top.
Gretchen and me.
Me, Khris and Liza at the top, but as you can see, the trail continues on to two other peaks...I'll have to do that with Bill some day!!

It was a great day. After the hike, we went and picked up another friend (Maria) and went to my friend Khris' favorite store for a whirlwind shopping trip (a used clothing store called Savers). Then we went to the "most-authentic" Tiki-Bar on the island called La Mariana's to have a drink. Lastly, we went out to dinner at the same place we went to for Bill's birthday, Pyramid, an Egyptian/Mediterranean Restaurant. We had a beautiful day, filled with fun chatter and laughter, celebrating Gretchen and I's birthdays this month. I am blessed to have these amazing ladies in my life here.

No comments: